Corsair Community

HX620W PSU dead

neone

I bought this PSU about 7 months ago and it worked perfectly. Three days ago I shut down my computer. When I tried to turn it on the next morning, the machine was dead, i.e. nothing had happened. I took the PSU out of the case, tested it, the fan refused to start. Also, the PSU's power switch is producing a kind of buzz sound when I switch it on slowly. Put some old PSU unit into the case and luckily everything was working fine. So, I am sure the PSU is dead. It was connected to UPS, as well as my monitor and router, which are working allright.

Here come the problems. The reseller who sold me the PSU bankrupted and there is no way to find out who their supplier was. I live in Serbia, so I am sure that shipping to Netherlands will be too expensive for me. Are there any suggestions what could be done in order to solve the problem and not to void the warranty? If I decide to give the PSU to a repair shop (and void the warranty), what could be the problem with it, something trivial or something serious?

I will fill in RMA Form and try to solve this with technical support, but I would greately appreciate any kind of help from you.

• Corsair Employees
Repairing the unit would not be suggested, it would be best to have the unit replaced. If you have already received a case number then post it here and I will get the case approved ASAP. If you have not yet submit the request then please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace it. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

RAM Guy, thanks for your answer.

Case #: 652203

I would like to point out again: I live in Serbia, so I am sure that shipping to Netherlands will be too expensive for me. In addition, a person at Customs Office here told me that, in addition to shipping, I have to pay 30% of the PSU's price if Corsair send me replacement, since they consider it as purchasing of a new unit. Summing the figures, that would be about half a price of a new PSU.

I was gathering some information in the meantime. The company ComTrade Group is listed on Corsair's site as authorised reseller for Serbia. Contacting them was useless, since they claim that this particular PSU, according to SN, was not supplied by them. They suggested checking the unit and repairing it.

I absolutely agree that replacing is the best solution, but under these conditions it would be far from acceptable for me. Any other suggestions? Please do excuse me for making this too complicated. :sigh!:

• Corsair Employees
Please contact our customer service at 888-222-4346 and dial "0", (510) 657-8747 or email rmaservice@corsairmemory.com to see if there are any alternative RMA options for you, or you may want to see if your reseller can help you get it replaced. If RMA is not an option for you, then I do not see any harm in trying to get it repaired, but I really couldn't tell you if it is fixable or how much it would be to fix the unit. I would try repairing it as a last resort, because once you open it up, the warranty is void.

The reseller does not exist anymore, that is the main problem. RMA just instructed me to send the unit to California. :biggrin: Serbia was Serbia & Montenegro, i.e. former Yugoslavia. Never mind, I will try to get it repaired, for it looks like there are no other options. Yes, I am aware that the warranty will be void, as well as that you cannot tell me anything precisely. Thanks again for your help.

Archived