Corsair Community

Unusual warranty request about TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF

Liandri

Hello.

I'm from Russia.

I bought TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF kit for my system some time ago. I purchased it at SLY Computers. These memory modules are provided there by Nix - one of the official russian retailers of Corsair.

First, one module came with thousands of errors in Memtest86+ - alright, 2 weeks later they replaced it with a new TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF kit.

Now i got another problem with this kit - modules have different SPDs. You can view details about similiar problem here - there is even a screenshot of CPU-Z.

Same here for me:

Slot #1: CM2X2048-8500C5D with EPP (533MHz profile)

Slot #3: CM2X2048-6400C5DHX without EPP

(Sorry, i can't provide any screenshot yet because i will be home only tomorrow)

Althought they are seem to be working fine at 1066 MHz (5-5-5-15@2.1V) together, but i think there is something wrong with them.

The kit of 2 modules which are supposed to be identical and designed for Dual Channel mode, are having SPD differences...

The problem is, that SLY Computers can't request a replace from Nix, because people there (at Nix) think that different SPD - is not a warranty case. They say they already had many such kits, but they don't care because they(kits) all seem to be working fine together.

So, the request is... There is something that can help in solving this problem and getting my kit replaced again - the official document from Corsair, where it will be clearly stated that different SPD for one kit of 2 modules IS actually a warranty case. So, such document may be sent to Nix with my replace request.

But maybe i'm mistaken about it, and different SPDs are OK for this kit? Please help me with this.

And sorry if i chose a wrong place for such request - move it to a proper section if needed, please.

Update:

Sorry, the topic says TWIN2X2048-8500C5DF but it actually is TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF.

• Corsair Employees

If you are concerned about the modules having different information in the SPD then we can replace the modules for you. Please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace them. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

If you are manually configuring the memory and there are no problems at our tested settings, then I would not suspect that you would have any problems. You also have a lifetime warranty, so we can replace the parts at any time.

Archived