Corsair Community

TWIN2X2048-6400C4 Asus P5w DH Deluxe

lordnelson

Hi all,

I have a question about the timings.

Memory Voltage: 2.10 V

CPU Core-Voltage: Auto

The FSB ist set to 320, ok thats E6600@2880Mhz with the Timings set manually to 4-4-4-12-5 => Yes, Primestable and fast with

DRAM-Frequency: DDR2-800MHz ( divider 2/5)

DRAM CAS# Lantency: 4 Clocks

DRAM RAS# Precharge: 4 Clocks

DRAM RAS# to CAS# Delay: 4 Clocks

DRAM RAS# Activate to Precha: 12 Clocks

DRAM Write Recovery Time: 5 Clocks

Now I want to overclock a _little_ bit more .. I have set the FSB up to 333Mhz thats E6600@3000Mhz with the same timings as described above. It is now DDR2-833 (result of divider 2/5 I guess) but that does not work. After a while prime95 reports an error.

Next try was to "configure by SPD" and the timing of the Memory ist now 5-6-6-18 (shown in CPUz) ... confused... the datasheet shows a timing of 5-5-5-18@800Mhz..

My questions:

1. Where did the timings come form, is this a save-timing-setting stored in memory ?

2. Is it possible and safe to set the timings manually to 5-5-5-18@833 with the DDR-833 Option ? ( yes, I would run an intensive test ) could the memory perfome this settings

3. Is it possible that the memory could be damaged with these settings ( 5-5-5-18@833)

Thank you very much for your suggestions

With regards

• Corsair Employees

With 4 modules DDR667 would be suggested and set the memory Voltage to 2.1 Volts and set the NB/MCH/SPP Voltage to +.05 Volts.

And look in the SPD tab and see what is set in the modules SPD, I would assume the MB is just miss reading the SPD.

Thanks Ram Guy,

I have tested the memory@DDR2-833 with Memtest86+ and no errors, after that I have tested the memory with the Prime95 Tool for about 2.5h and no errors.

I have not set the NB/MCH/SPP Voltage to more Voltage. It works.

The SPD-Table says 5-5-5-18@400 and I guess that thers is no entry for @416, so I try to set the timing manually and test again.

Please help me with the last parameter of the timing:

DRAM CAS# Lantency: 5 Clocks

DRAM RAS# Precharge: 5 Clocks

DRAM RAS# to CAS# Delay: 5 Clocks

DRAM RAS# Activate to Precha: 18 Clocks

DRAM Write Recovery Time: 6 Clocks

Is this ok ?

Thank you very much

Archived