Corsair Community

Switch from HX 620 to HX 520?

Linkz

Hello, I have a HX 620 modular powers supply, and I'm going to a big LAN event where the max power supply is 600W. I REALLY don't want to re-do my wiring, and I was wondering if the hook-ups for the HX 620 could go into the HX 520 with no problem? That way when I get to the LAN I can merely take out the 620 leave all my wiring the way it is and mount the 520 and replug in the cords. Is this possible? Thank you.

• Corsair Employee
The HX520 and HX620 cables are interchangeable, however the HX1000 would take different cables altogether. I haven't heard of anyone putting a limitation on PSU for a Lan Party, is there a reason for this? The wattage itself can be very deceiving with some PSUs, for example, our HX520 is more powerful than a lot of 600 watt PSUs, due to the way they are rated, so I'm not sure how limiting the wattage of the PSU could level the playing field.

• Corsair Employee
We're playing in a conference room of a hotel, like 300 of us, and something about the hotel circuits, blah blah blah. A load of *something*. w/e i gotta go by the rules, can I swap with out problems?

I guess that makes sense, yes you can swap cables between the HX520, and HX620 with no problems. Just don't use the HX1000 cables with either of those units, or vise versa.

Archived