Corsair Community

Flash Voyager 8GB problems

clamps

Hi,

I recently bought my new 8GB Flash Voyager. Everything seemed okay with it, until I tried to make it into a bootable device for running Dell Diagnostic tools on my laptop.

Doing this made the Diagnostics software reformat it into one 2GB partition (FAT, i think) and 6GB of unpartitioned space, which is seemingly impossible to reformat. I've tried Disk Management, but I am unable to delete the small partition or format the larger unallocated space - the "Delete Partition" and "New Partition" right click menu options are ghosted.

I'd really like my 6 unallocated GBs back. Any suggestions?

cheers,

H.

• Corsair Employees
Windows will not support partitioning a removable drive, you use a Win9X Boot floppy and set the flash drive as if it were a USB HDD in the BIOS and then use F-Disk and Format from the Win9X BOOT floppy or CD to make it see the whole partition that is how I use my flash drives so they are boot able and can see the whole size.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Seeing that I have no Win 9X floppies or, indeed, a floppy drive, I thought maybe a freeware tool might do the trick, they often being a bit more heavy-handed than the standard Windows tools.

And lo and behold: I found a little app called CompuApps SwissKnife 3.17 on Tucows - worked like a charm... It went straight through the drive, reclaiming the lost space in a flash :winking:. Everything's working fine now.

Thanks for the pointers - I was afraid I would have to return the pen drive. And that'd be, like, boring.

Cheers,

H.

Archived