Corsair Community

Can't get into BIOS with TWIN2x2048-6400C4

Smoothtony

:(: I decided to upgrade my motherboard, memory, and CPU on my primary system. I have tried everything since last night to get this new system up and running but I keep failing.

I'm using Cosair TWIN2x2048-6400C4 on Asus M2N-E SLI. First the system gave the error beeps 1 long and 2 short beeps with both memory modules installed. I removed one of the DIMMs and still received the same beeps. This was using the yellow slots.

I removed the remaining DIMM and put it in one of the black slots and the beeps cease. The Asus M2N-E SLI screen appears asking "Press DEL to enter SETUP, Press TAB to display BIOS POST message. However once I press DEL or press Tab nothing happens and eventually the system reboots itself automatically. If I keep pressing DEL before the post beep I see on the Asus M2N-E SLI screen, "Entering SETUP.....", however it hangs then reboots itself automatically as well. (I'm using a PS/2 keyboard).

I've cleared the CMOS and nothing changes. I'm at a loss over what is wrong. The only things plugged in are Video, keyboard, CPU, and memory.

Can anyone help?

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry but I do not think that MB will let you set the memory Voltage to 21. Volts which would be required for these modules. I would see if the reseller will let you swap them for Twin2x2048-6400C5DHX which would run at 1.8 Volts and will work with that MB.

Archived