Corsair Community

tx750 not operating

poser

I have a tx750w ps from corsair, I had it running yesterday. I ran for a couple of hours today, and I got a burning smell out of the machine.

Anyhow, I've tracked the problem down to the PSU, which I've connected to an older machine, and got 2 successful posts out of 5. The machine I'm putting it in spins the fans for about 2 seconds before powering down.

I've put in an old 450w psu into the machine the 750 was intended to power, and got successful post on the first boot. The 750tx runs very noticeably hot. I just wanted to check and see if anyone knows of anything that I could be doing wrong besides in proper connectivity (I've checked the connections about a dozen times.).

Could it possibly be the outlet I'm using? Our living room has 2 pc's on it, and The same circut feeds our kitchen, as we had the circut running my pc pop today(still up and running with the 450w). If so, could the stress on the circut cause the PSU to act funny regarding the auto voltage adjust feature?

Does this sound like a bad PSU maybe?

• Corsair Employee
If you are having no problems with the 450w PSU, and the TX750 is giving you the same issues on two different systems, then we should replace it for you. Please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace it. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

Archived