Corsair Community

Gigabyte EP45T-DS3R & Corsair Memory Kit

TheMT1

I have an Intel Q9450 CPU, Gigabyte EP46T-DS3R motherboard and Corsair TW3X4G1600C9DHX memory.

I cannot install Windows XP Pro or Vista Ultimate 64-bit without getting multiple blue screens/crashes/memory dumps. If I manage to get through an install, the OS will not run for more than a minute or two before another blue screen dump.

I am using 1.8v for the memory. I have tried all the auto BIOS settings. I have tried the recommended settings. I have tried one stick at a time. I have tried all the memory slots.

I have reinstalled XP & Vista multiple times testing all this. I get different blue screen messages dependant on what memory configuration I try.

I have tried two good power supplies, two good video cards & multiple hard drives. This leaves motherboard or memory in my mind. Are there any settings someone can suggest for my BIOS? Corsair support has not responded to my request in two weeks. I build a lot of systems and at this point, I doubt I'll buy Corsair again.

My message to Tech Support:

My system is completely unstable. I cannot run more than a few minutes without a blue screen/memory dump. I have tried multiple fresh installs of Windows XP Pro & Vista Ultimate 64-bit. The power supply is confirmed good from a working system. I have also tested with a confirmed good video card. I consistently get blue screen messages after bootup or during OS install. I believe memory to be the problem because I get different blue screens or further into boot up when I change memory settings, remove a stick or change the memory slot. Please let me know if there are any settings I can try. I am running the memory at 1.8v and have tried as high as 1.9v. The SPD sets the memory at 7-7-7-20. I have been manually setting the memory at 9-9-9-24. The most stable I can get the system is with one stick of memory. Windows will run after bootup for approximately 2 minutes before a blue screen dump. I have not noticed any errors in MemTest but if allowed to run long enough, the system will randomly reboot while running MemTest.

Message History

Technical Support 7/28/2008 6:19:02 PM

Just to clarify, both modules work properly when installed on thier own at their rated speed, timing and voltage but when installed together, you experience failures?

Me 7/28/2008 6:30:25 PM

No, neither module work properly when installed on their own, at any rated speed, timing or voltage in any slot configuration. I cannot get the system to run without blue screen crashes. The system is not stable for longer than two minutes, idle or otherwise. This includes Windows XP Pro & Vista Ultimate 64-bit.

Me 8/9/2008 6:42:38 PM

Any response? Any help? Any suggested memory settings? Any RMA number?

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same motherboard, memory and processor and I cannot install Windows XP Pro. Don't know if it's the motherboard or ram and I can't test the DDR3 ram.

Anyways, when installing XP, the computer will do a BSOD and say there's a hardware problem and points to pci.sys. I've moved over another hard drive from Gigabyte to get the system running and I too get reboots and BSODs. Several times my hard drive got corrupted and I lost the OS.

So to the original poster, how did your resolve your problem? Replacement or new ram or motherboard. Thanks.

Archived