Corsair Community

CORSAIR CMPSU-450VX Humming Noise

sayianz

Hello,

So I just RMA'ed my Corsair 450VX just a week ago, and just received it again two days ago. Well, today when I setup my computer with the newly received PSU, it is now making a very strange, annoying Humming Sound. What is the process I need to go through to get yet another RMA. Will I sadly have to pay Shipping once again? :(

Thanks,

Danny

Plug it in directly to the wall, bypassing your surge protector / battery backup. See if it makes the noise.

Update: Tried as you suggested Wired, plugging it in directly to the wall this time, still has the strange buzzing sound. Its sounds like the coils or something, i'm not quite sure. :(

• Corsair Employee
Please contact our customer service at 888-222-4346 and dial "0", (510) 657-8747 or email rmaservice@corsairmemory.com, and they should be able to help you get the unit replaced again. Just let them know that the unit came from us, and give them your previous RMA number and they should be able to resolve this ASAP!

• Corsair Employee
Thanks Ram Guy, Calling right now!

Update: Called, on the phone less than 10 seconds, replacement shipped tommorow, return old psu when new one comes in. So far, I feel Corsair has 10/10 Customer Service. :)

Glad to hear everything worked out, lots of times people are hesitant to call, but normally you won't stay on hold for more than about a minute, and our customer service is able to resolve these things very quickly!

Archived