Corsair Community

Ram Trouble with Asus P5k Deluxe

almeintz

I am having a problem with my 2GBs of Corsair CM2x1024 -8500C5D ram. My system has an ASUS P5K Deluxe Wifi motherboard with a Intel Q6600 processor. This is the second set of ram that has gone bad on this machine. Both times this has happened the computer has run fine for about 6 months and then it will not post. According to ASUS's website this ram is supposed to work with this motherboard. I updated the bios to a newest version when this happened in January (though I don't know which version). I haven't been overclocking. Does anyone know what is causing this problem and wheter I can get a second RMA from Corsair?

Thanks,

Andrew

• Corsair Employees
Please make sure that you have the latest Bios version and then load setup/optimized defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.1 volts and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and then test the module/'s one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

I can't currently update my bios or adjust the dimm voltage as the computer does not post or make it to the bios. I have tried inserting only one of the dimms and resetting the bios rom. This is the same way my last set of RAM failed. Last time I was able to put in another set of Ram and the machine would work so I assumed I just recieved a bad set of ram. However now that the ram has failed in the exact same way I fear there may be another cause. Does anyone know what would cause RAM to fail in this way twice?

Thanks,

Andrew

Archived