Corsair Community

corsair hydrocool

phoenix27

I recently received the corsair hydrocool and it seems to be running well. The temperature display shows my cpu temp at 29c idle and about 34 full load. The problem I am having is that the bios temp shows idle @39c and full load at 45-47c. Which temp is correct?

I am guessing that the temperature probes are reading from 2 different locations...maybe bios reads from mobo and hydrocool from block????? for example....bios reads temp b4 its cooled from block and hydrocool reads temp after it cools...b4 and after temps...just a guess :biggrin:

[quote name='phoenix27']I recently received the corsair hydrocool and it seems to be running well. The temperature display shows my cpu temp at 29c idle and about 34 full load. The problem I am having is that the bios temp shows idle @39c and full load at 45-47c. Which temp is correct?[/QUOTE] phoenix27, voodoothenoob seems to be correct that the temp probe on the HC reads the liquid cooling temp on the block. The BIOS reading is reading a thermal probe under the CPU on the MOBO. Both are accurate from the location they take the temps. The hottest area is the TOP of the processor between the processor and the cold-block. The ideal place to put the thermal probe is between the cold-block and the processor. BUT ... You will loose cooling performance greatly since the probe blocks the thermal transfer. You could average the two temps in finding a closer measurement. There are better places to locate the thermal probe, but this requires some knowledge in cutting a very small mini groove on the copper base only up to the 10cm-12cm processor hot zone. Then you can place a flat or channel type thermal probe in there. [Cutting a grove could also void the warrenty on the cold-block.] This is a level that hard-core overclockers dare take or a reviewer doing a detailed performance review. BUT that is time consuming and may not prove to be the extra mile for the results you may want either. Averaging the two will do nearly the same. No cold-block manufacture places a thermistor on the bottom sice the cost of manufacturing would be too high, and the lapping process nearly ruins the grove. Stev

Archived