Corsair Community

upgrade p4c800

• 2 weeks later...
That combination of memory should work but, you may have to relax the memory timings somewhat to be stable. As you add more sticks of RAM you sometimes have to relax the latencies. And, make sure you have the RAM voltage at 2.75v. If you want to go to 1536mb of RAM AND maintain the tight timings, I'd get the new RAM and test the system 2 ways. First, test it with all of the 4 sticks in and torture test it. If it will run to your satisfaction, then leave it alone. If it is not stable, you can then try to relax the timings and do some other tweaking. If all of this fails and/or you don't want to compromise on timings, you can just use the 1024mb kit, and use the 512 kit in another system or sell them. Mike.

• 3 weeks later...
Just F.Y.I I put 2gig of the Mushkin "Special 222" in my P4C800-E. I noticed that as soon I overclocked it even 1mhz PAT is turned off, regardless of the Bios Setting. With 1gig of Ram PAT stays enabled when overclocked. I get much better Benchmark Scores with PAT enabled, so my machine is slower with 2gig of ram. I really don't notice in my daily computing activity though. anyway, just thought I'd mention it. Hans

Archived