Corsair Community

Wrong Timings in CPU-Z and Sandra?

Sharog

Hi, I'm using TwinX1024-3200C2 Ram on a MSI 875P Board with Bios v.2.0. After setting the timings to 2-3-3-6 (SPD = 3-3-3-8) I looked up what CPU-Z shows. It indicated the following timings: CAS Latency = 3 RAS to CAS Delay = 3 RAS Precharge = 3 Cycle Time (Tras) = 6 So all the timings are correct, excepts the CL. In spite of the settings (3 or 2.5 or 2) it stays at 3 clocks. Is it a program bug or are there any specific settings to consider? Thx in advance

I suppose it's because of the Bios Version, like in this Threads: [url]http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16570[/url] [url]http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16666[/url] But which one is the right version to solve my problem?

After trying Bios version 1.4 there was no difference, so I called the MSI hotline. They told me that the current version 2.0 should run correctly and that I should try with another ram. Maybe I should try with Low-Latency Ram?

• Corsair Employees
First thing, what you are seeing is correct, CPU-Z is showing what's in the SPD not what the timings are set to. I would set the timings to the suggested settings manually. AMD Cass 2.5-3-3-6 Intel Cass 2-3-3-6

If it shows what's in the SPD why does the RAS to CAS Delay, RAS Precharge and Cycle Time (Tras) vary if I change them in the BIOS? I don't mean the submenu to see what's in the SPD, but the menu 'Memory' which gives information on Size, Channels, Performance Mode, Frequency as well as the timings. And they are all correct, excepts the CAS Latency. It doesn't change at any setting. And that's the same in Sandra2004 :confused:

• Corsair Employees
Please try aida32 as it will show what the chipset is actually running. Or you can try [url]www.memtest86.com[/url] Rev 3.1 as well. If the timings are still not showing what you have them set to manually then I would contact the MB maker, as that would be a bios issue not a module problem.

OK i've tried another RAM now. Same Problem :sigh!: I will post again when i fixed this, but assistance would be appreciated ;): What about the PAT? Does it have realation to the CL timing? It's seems to be disabled all the time.

Archived