Corsair Community

Abit nf7-s and corsair twinx1024RE-3200LL

Argargon

I am having trouble with the memory I am not sure if it is the mother board or maybe that it is just bad memory but whenever I take out what ram I have in it and put in the two corsair sticks, or even one, I get a memory error beep and my comp won't start up.

[quote name='Argargon']I am having trouble with the memory I am not sure if it is the mother board or maybe that it is just bad memory but whenever I take out what ram I have in it and put in the two corsair sticks, or even one, I get a memory error beep and my comp won't start up.[/QUOTE] If you have not typed the RAM id wrong, then what you have is what is known as "Registered" AND "ECC" RAM. And the chipset on that motherboard does not use Registered AND ECC RAM. Which is why it is giving you memoery error beeps, as it will not work with this board. What you want is memory that is not Registered OR ECC. The Registered component is identified by the letter R in the id. While ECC is identified by the letter E. Which is in your TwinX1024[b]RE[/b]-3200LL. What you want is without the R or the E. J1NG

Archived