Corsair Community

How far will i be Able to OC at standard timings on this blok?

hi... i am going to buy a set of VS512mb400 (model nr.) Ram soon. How far do you think i will be able to OC the FSB at standard timings? the ram specs: pc 3200, 512 mb, CL 2.5. i read that this guy, he was able to run 200MHz at 2-2-3-11 with this block. is that really true??? i have only read his OC. btw. i know that you might not be able to tell me if i can do that to. but if im told that i can OC at a certain FSB, and then it shows that i cant, then i wont hold anyone resposibel :): im sure i will like them anyways (not going to OC that much with my current system) thank you.

[quote name='TheGeek']hi... i am going to buy a set of VS512mb400 (model nr.) Ram soon. How far do you think i will be able to OC the FSB at standard timings? the ram specs: pc 3200, 512 mb, CL 2.5. i read that this guy, he was able to run 200MHz at 2-2-3-11 with this block. is that really true??? i have only read his OC. btw. i know that you might not be able to tell me if i can do that to. but if im told that i can OC at a certain FSB, and then it shows that i cant, then i wont hold anyone resposibel :): im sure i will like them anyways (not going to OC that much with my current system) thank you.[/QUOTE] ive seen valueselect 1GB go to 225 or so in DC. you will have to drop to cl2.5.

[quote name='pershoot']ive seen valueselect 1GB go to 225 or so in DC. you will have to drop to cl2.5.[/QUOTE] if i drop down to CL 2.5.... then i might get that good a OC? hmmz... you know how good a OC i might get at CL 2?

[quote name='TheGeek']if i drop down to CL 2.5.... then i might get that good a OC? hmmz... you know how good a OC i might get at CL 2?[/QUOTE] maybe 210-215 or so. every piece of ram is different, so youll have to experiment with your specific ram chips. [b]edit:[/b] valuselect runs at cl2.5. u may be able to squeeze some fsb out of it at cl2, but probly not that much.

Archived