Corsair Community

Will This Work?

EverclearBoy

Thanks for answering my previous question but have another. I have the MSI KT3 Ultra2 (MS-6380E) Motherboard running AMD XP 1700+ with a Nvidia FX 5600XT 256 MB Video Card. I currently have Kingston PC 2700 RAM in my machine, but I want to get rid of this, and put Corsair PC 3200 into my machine instead. So I've been looking at the TWINX modules and XMS. But the Buyer's guide on the website doesn't seem to list my motherboard type for recommendations. My Question is which of the XMS or TWINX series modules would be recommended that would work with my system to get 1G worth of PC 3200 RAM in my machine. I'll eventually upgade the motherboard more then likely next fall as well. Thanks.

• Corsair Employees
I would suggest CMX1024-3200 if you want a Gig of memory. The KT333 chipset is not dual channel and you may have to run 2 modules of Cass 2 memory at Cass 2.5 or Cass 3 to make the system stable.

Hmm.. So... What do you mean by running 2 modules of Cass 2 at 2.5 or 3? Which of the CMX-1024 3200 the CPT? CL2? So if I got the MSI K7N2 Delta-L motherboard I could put my AMD XP 1700 on it.. and use any Dual Channel XMS 3200 RAM without things becoming unstable or running at lower settings?

• Corsair Employees
I would stay with what you have now, and wait till you are ready to upgrade the system and do it all them. Unless you are having trouble, and in that case, I would suggest one CMX1024-2700 if you want a gig of memory or 2 CMX512-2700C2 modules with a KT333 chipset MB.

Archived