Corsair Community

Abit KV8-Max3 Will post but not after saving

BrocRoth

I have searched many previous threads and havn't found my solution yet. I have just assembled the following: XP-3200 64, Abit KV8-Max3, Ati 9600 pro, WD IDE HD. I have tried 3 different sets of memory in this board and I keep getting a rapid beep like a siren. The OCZ PC3200 I tried will not even post. I have tried 2 sticks of CMX256A-3200LLPT. After resetting cmos I can enter the soft menu but whenever I save and exit...siren again. If at the initial screen I accept setup default instead of enter soft menu machine starts to read XP cd then blue screens. Is this memory too old?..not compatible?? I have tried the 1 & 3 Slots and set DDR Volts to 2.7 with same result. I appreciate any input. It sure appears this is a memory issue to me. All components have been diconected and I get same result on a striped boot. Thanks for your time, B

• Corsair Employees
I would check the bios version; do you have the latest installed? If not I would try and update the bios, just use one module and then load setup defaults in the bios and exit saving changes. Then see if it will let you update the bios. If you still get the same problem, I would check the CPU temp in the bios and make sure its not getting to hot.

Well I kninda hate flashing bios till I know there is a problem, but I obviously had a problem so I did. It allowed me to save new settings and start my instal of XP. Thanks a bunch for you input. You are by far faster than Abit's tech support!! Thanks Bric

Archived