Corsair Community

A7N8X-E Deluxe and TWINX1024-3200C2PT

bisonator

Hi, I have just setup my system with A7N8X-E Deluxe and TWINX1024-3200C2PT v3.1(2x512), I cant install windows properly because the RAM doesnt seem to work with the board, Memtest 86 shows errors using each stick on its own after about 7 minutes, though when I tested the modules in my other EP-8RDA+, it went for 40mins without errors before I stopped it. I tried a 256mb of XMS3200C2PT v1.2 in the A7N8X-E Deluxe and it ran for over 40mins before I stopped it without errors. I have read that there is a known problem with the TWINX3200C modules and wanted to know if there was any way to get them to work without having to RAM them and get some different modules? If I did have to RAM, can you advise me on 2x512mb modules that would work? So I dont end up getting some more that doesnt work. Regards. bisonator

The CPU is an XP3000+ 400Mhz FSB. I first tried the Ram together, the BIOS defaulted its timings to 8-3-3-3, which I believe will not work, so I changed them to 8-3-3-2.5 (still @ 400mhz) and I had the same trouble installing windows. Then I increased the Vdimm to 2.7v (from 2.6) and disabled 8x AGP and fast writes, and used only one module. I again had same problem. I then increased Vdimm to 2.8v and no luck again. At this point I ran Memtest 86 and got the errors (refered to in previous post) regards bisonator

I am now running Memtest 86 with both modules in the blue dimm slots (dual channel, this board doesnt do single with 2 dimms) @400mhz and 6-2-3-2 with 2.8v Vdimm. It has one error after about an hour, it's still going. What result from this test should be satisfactory to use the computer? IE. not getting errors like before. regards

If these are the newer modules, the SPD on an AMD platform is 2.5-3-3-6. They should be in slots 1 & 3 or 2 & 3 for DC. A 2.6 Dimm voltage should work but 2.7 would'nt hurt I would test each stick individually. Also what BIOS version are you using? I would make sure the chipset drivers are up to date also.

I am using 1008 BIOS (latest) Chipset drives arent an issue since I haven't managed to get windows installed yet due to instability. EDIT- I have tested each module individually, both got errors. I ran memtest for 22hours without error on 6-3-3-2.5 @ 2.7vdimm @400mhz in slots 2 and 3 (Dual Channel). Then I repeated the test with 11-3-3-2.5 and it failed, then I repeated at the saem as to begin (6-3-3-2.5) and it failed after 3hours, that leads me to beleive these are bad modules. Any thoughts? some more feedback would be appreciated, ive been working on this now for 2 days :confused: :mad: regards.

Archived