Corsair Community

Corsair Compatiblity

Kantaz

Hello, RAMGUY. I was refered to you by a friend who said I should join you forums and ask you about my problem. I would be grateful if you could help me. I would like to purchase the; Corsair XMS3200LL Pro Low Latency 512Mb Module However, I have had problems with Kingston and OCZ with the rest of my computer hardware. This is the list of what I have; [B]1)[/B] MSI K7N2 Delta-L Nforce2 (Socket A) Motherboard [B]2)[/B] AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton OEM (Processor) [B]3)[/B] Maxtor DiamondMAX Plus 9 120Gb OEM ATA/133 8MB Buffer (Harddisk) [B]4)[/B] Leadtek WinFast FX5950 A380 Ultra TDH MyVIVO 256Mb (graphics card) My question is, would the Corsair XMS3200LL Pro Low Latency 512Mb Module be compatible with the rest of my hardware? Thankyou for your time.

• Corsair Employee
Should be absolutely no problem, and to be clear, if our modules will not run at their rated spec in an approved platform we will be happy to replace them. Bottom line! Now realistically, with the CPU you have there are some limitations with the CPU and chipset that would need to be observed. With our TWINX-3200LL and that CPU you have, these would be the settings I would suggest! Try the system with the CPU at default speeds or: CPU Freq: 166 MHz Dim Voltage: 2.7 Volts Memory Freq: 100% or 1-1 DRAM Clock: 166 MHz SDRAM CAS Latency: 2.0T SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 2T SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6T Then test the system with [url]www.memtest86.com[/url]. This should make that system scream!

Lol. Sorry about wanting another confirmation. Its just that I've just brought my computer and I haven't been able to play it because every RAM I buy doesn't work (or more to the point, isn't compatible) I don't want TWINX as yet, thankyou. But thanks for letting me know about it. But are you sure the [b]'Corsair 512MB DDR XMS3200LL Low Latency Pro CAS2'[/b] will work with the rest of my hardware? If so, here I come Overclockers.co.uk shopping cart. I'll be getting RAM that [B]actually[/B] works. :biggrin:

• Corsair Employee
First thing, do you have a window in your case? If so then I would consider the Pro modules. Other wise I would suggest the Non Pro version of LL. and Yes CMX512-3200LL will run great in this MB. If you will get 2 modules, as this MB is dual channel, I would consider a Twinx set Twinx512-3200LL = 2 256 Meg modules of CMX256A-3200LL Twinx1024-3200LL = 2 512 Meg modules of CMX512-3200LL Paired and tested together in Nforce2 or I875 chipset MB's ASUS A7N8X or P4C800-E.

[quote name='RAM GUY']Winbond has stopped all production, so I dont know how much longer the low latency modules will be available. I would get the second module ASAP![/QUOTE] Too late. I already order this RAM; [url]http://www.corsairmicro.com/corsair/xms_proseries.html[/url] One stick of it. On overclockers its still in stock.

Archived