Corsair Community

Asus A7n8x and Corsair xms 3200 cas2 dualchannel

allanon

I have an asus a7n8x-e deluxe with 2 bank of xms 3200 cas2 Corsair memory.All works fine with my amd 2700+(333mhz fsb), my memories works fine at 400mhz in dual channel with 6-3-3-2 timings.When i have changed my cpu to an Athlon xp 3200+ (400mhz fsb) my system won't boot (various beeep at start).I have resetted the bios and set bios for set automatically the timings (by spd).The board set memory at 333mhz with spd...If i set my memory at 400mhz manually the system not boot...Any ideas?Why my memory works at 400 when my old cpu running at 333mhz fsb and not works with an athlon 3200+ ?In theory all have to works fine with ram and cpu running at the same frequency!HELP PLEASE!!!

• Corsair Employees
Please make sure that you have the latest bios installed, then please load setup defaults and set the timings manually to whats listed bellow: CPU Freq:200 Memory Freq:100% Seytem performance: User Define Dim Voltage 2.7 Volts DRAM Clock: 200 MHz SDRAM CAS Latency: 2T SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 2T SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6T Then please test with [url]www.memtest86.com[/url], if you get errors please test them one at a time.

• Corsair Employees
LOL! Well Thank you! I will take that as a compliment! However we would not want to offend anyone, so let’s just say I try really hard to master my craft: A Guru if you will? Please let me know if you have any problems!

[quote name='RAM GUY']LOL! Well Thank you! I will take that as a compliment! However we would not want to offend anyone, so let’s just say I try really hard to master my craft: A Guru if you will? Please let me know if you have any problems![/QUOTE] I have no time to run memtest but i tried to encode a complete divx to dvd and a dvd-9 to an dvd-5....This is a very complex operation for ram and cpu and all works fine.Also my 3d games works.I think this is a sufficient test...I think the big problem is the voltage(i tried all my settings with a standard 2,6 volt for the ram).THANKS AGAIN!!! I have tried for days on other forums!GOOD WORK FOLKS!!!

Archived