Corsair Community

twinx512-3700pt on a MSI 6728-030

stivirino

Hi RamGuy, I got these 2 sticks back in october L/Y, and although it worked fairly well for a while I kept getting poor performance readings on Sandra 2003 and worst on 2004. Sudden restarts was the main problem. and according to sandra bios memory and phisical memory did not match. memtest86 3.0 did not find any errors untill this morning when i ran all tests and got all errors on test #3, However both sticks were in. V is 2.75 and timmings by spd. :sigh!: Should I run the memtest with one at a time, or since it's a twinx should we rma both if needed? :[pouts: Thanx a lot

• Corsair Employees
I would suggest testing the modules one at a time. For testing I would also suggest setting the timigns manually on that board. The timings should be: SDRAM CAS Latency: 3T SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 4T SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 4T SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 8T DIMM Voltage: 2.7X If you continue to have problems, please let me know. Thanks!

[COLOR=PaleTurquoise][FONT=Verdana]After adjusting volatage and timmings, all STD tests went ok except for one. when I configured to do all test and for sizzing I chose "Bios all" I got nothing but errors, untill it would restart by itself. Whats your educated guess acording to this? Is itthe wrong test to run or is there a ram problem? PD: I also updated my signature which shows my current Hardware[/FONT][/COLOR]

• Corsair Employees
If you are getting any errors during standard with the above settings we need to replace the memory. Please send us an email with a copy of the [URL=http://www.corsairmemory.com/main/rma_request.xls]FORM[/URL] or you can send all of your info(full name, shipping address, phone # with area code, the module part #, quantity to be replaced, and a copy of the link to this post). Email it to [email]rma@corsairmemory.com[/email]. If after 1 day or 24 hours excluding weekends you do not get the rma please email the same to [email]warranty@corsairmemory.com[/email] and we will help to resolve it. Thank You!

if everything is left in standard, there are not any errors. Only when I go in to configuration, sizzing, and choose Bios ALL, is when I get nothing else than errors. Is it that I'm runing the wrong test, or could it be the rams.?:!oops:

• Corsair Employees
The first option (BIOS-All) also uses the "e820" method to obtain a memory map. However, when this option is selected all of the reserved memory segments are tested, regardless of what their intended use is. The only exception is memory segments that begin above 3gb. Testing has shown that these segments are typically not safe to test. The BIOS-All option is more thorough but could be unstable with some motherboards. We typically do not suggest running the BIOS-all option as it will vary from MB to MB whether it works or not.

[COLOR=PaleTurquoise][FONT=Verdana]Thanx Ramguy, I'll leave the timmings you suggested and the OC settings for memory SLOW, instead of the fast I had before. and hopefully It'll all go well. Once again, Thanx a lot :sunglasse[/FONT][/COLOR]

• Corsair Employees
The reason for having to leave the SLOW setting is that it changes the memory timings no matter what you manually set it to. The memory you have will only work at CAS 3. Let me know if you have any other problems. Thanks!

:bling: Just FYI. For the past 4 months, I had the timming set by SPD, latency was @2.5 and it ran very well exept for the Auto OC'ing when set to Captain it would shut down @ around 215 FSB and 2.93 Ghz. A few moments ago I tested the new timmings you gave me. FSB went up to 234 and Cpu was a whoping 3.47 Ghz. Now I'm in Biz:biggrin: Thanx RamGuy, Thanx it's Corsair!!!

Archived