Corsair Community

Unreal Tournament 2004 Reboot

Hello everyone, I recently purchased Unreal Tournament 2004, and now I have a serious problem playing the game. Randomly when I am playing my PC's screen turns completely blue with no text and then reboots. I've looked around and others were having similar problems and found that the RAM timings were causing the reboots. I found my motherboard (Asus A7N8X Deluxe (2.0)) and my RAM (2x 512MB Corsair XMS3200 DIMMs w/Plat. Head Spreader), and the recommended settings were 2-3-3-6. I changed the settings from Asus's automatic "agressive" to these and the problem worsened. My computer would reboot in less time than before. I increased the latency to 2.5 and the problem was still very bad. Do you have any suggestions on what the problem might be and exactly what my settings should be. All drivers are the latest available. Thanks. Asus A7N8X Deluxe v2.0 AMD Athlon XP 3200+ "Barton" 1024MB RAM via 2 x Corsair XMS3200 DIMMs ATI Radeon 9500PRO 128MB Video Card 2 x Western Digital 120GB 7200RPM "special ed." SATA HDDs (RAID 0)

• Corsair Employees
Please try these settings if you have XMS3200C2 and test the system with [url]www.memtest.org:[/url] DRAM Clock: 100% DRAM Timing (overrides SPD values): Manual System Performance: User define SDRAM Bank cycle time (or tRAS): 6 SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3 SDRAM RAS-to-CAS Delay (tRCD): 3 SDRAM CAS Latency: 2 Dim Viltage: 2.7 Volts If you get errors please test the modules one at a time and lets make sure one is not failing. If you have 2 single modules and not a Twinx set the suggested settings would be Cass 2.5-3-3-7.

Archived