Corsair Community

Do I have Bad Ram?

Hello - thanks for your time. I am adding 2x VS512MB400 DDR sticks into my system. I am running a Dell 8300, with a 3GHz and 800mhzhyperthreading. The systems runs on the installed ram, also DDR400, but only 512 mb. I have shuffled the ram to different slots, keeping the Dual configs. Still same problems. Do I need an RMA number, or is it something I'm incorrectly doing? I thank you for your time. Erik Haviland [email]erik@havilandimaging.com[/email]

[quote name='RAM GUY']Please test the modules one at a time and lets make sure one is not failing?[/QUOTE] Ahh yes, the one simple thing i neglected to try. I knew i was making this too hard. It seems that I do have one bad stick, the system is running fine in single channel mode with the other ram installed. It seems i need an rma #? Thanks for your time.

• Corsair Employees
Please send us an email with a copy of the [URL=http://www.corsairmemory.com/main/rma_request.xls]FORM[/URL] or you can send all of your info(full name, shipping address, phone # with area code, the module part #, quantity to be replaced, and a copy of the link to this post). Email it to [email]rma@corsairmemory.com[/email]. If after 1 day or 24 hours excluding weekends you do not get the rma please email the same to [email]warranty@corsairmemory.com[/email] and we will help to resolve it. Thank You!

Archived