Corsair Community

Mixing XMS memory types

Jazz_nz

Hi, just wondering on the suitablility of mixing 4 pieces of XMS I have here. I have 2 pieces of CMX512-3200C2 XMS3202v2.2 (black) running in a Abit IC7-Max2 with a P4 3.2 processor. I've just received 2 pieces of CMX512-3200C2PT XMS3202v1.1 (platinum). Will both pairs run together in the Abit board without timing issues or other problems. Thanks for your help. Jazz_nz

• Corsair Employees
We do not test with 4 modules, only Twinx sets are tested with 2 modules. You are welcome to try it, as there are several that have had no problems. In addition, I would set the timings manually to Cass 2.5-3-3-7 and set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts.

[quote name='RAM GUY']We do not test with 4 modules, only Twinx sets are tested with 2 modules. You are welcome to try it, as there are several that have had no problems. In addition, I would set the timings manually to Cass 2.5-3-3-7 and set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts.[/QUOTE] Thanks mate, i'll give it a go, seems a shame to leave a gig of ram sitting on the desk, in theory it should all be ok, and thats good enough for me.

Archived