Corsair Community

Computer will not boot up

wsmith

I recently built a Shuttle SS56G with a stick of CMX512 3200LL. I have a P4 1.8G chip in it. Everything was fine until I reset the settings in the bios to those recommended here (2 3 2 6) and now the computer will not boot up. Cannot even restart it, it just turns on and the fans are at high speed, black screen and never gets past black screen. Any suggestions? Thanks WS :confused:

• Corsair Employees
You will need to clear the CMOS of the MB. With the CPU that you have you are only going to be able to run the memory at DDR 266. Please let me know if you continue to have problems. Thanks!

Thanks. I figured that is what you would say. I did the reset the CMOS thing with the jumper and changed the processor to a new P4 2.8G with HT. The computer will boot to either the first screen (detecting IDE drives) or may go to next screen where all hardware is detected and stops there at the "verifying DMI pool". It will never go further into windows nor will it allow me to enter the setup during the boot even though sometimes it will say "press delete to enter setup". I hope you will have an idea on this one. Thanks for your help. Wayne

• Corsair Employees
Did you get the 2.8 C or E CPU? If you are unable to get into BIOS there is no way to change the settings. Let me know on the CPU, as far as the freezing, there are to many variables, I would suggest testing the memory in another system.

Hey if you are having problems getting into the bios, if you are using a "AWARD" BIOS, With the comp off hold the insert key on the keyboard and while holding it power on the comp and as soon as it posts and beeps, the start hitting the "DELETE" key as fast and as much as you can...this should get you into the bios setup!!! ;)

Archived