Corsair Community

corsair value select 512mb compability

paulmation

i've recently bought a soyo p4x400 dragon lite motherboard and a corsair value select 512mb pc 3200 ddr 400mhz cl2 and the bios on the computer sees it as a 256mb memory chip, and on the soyo's website they say the chip my be a different bit configuration, but nowhere on corsair's website say's anything for the bit configuration. what should i do about this.

• Corsair Employees
Please try the module in another MB, and lets see if you get the same result: In addition, Our Value Select is Cass 2.5-3-3-8! If it still only shows as a 256 Meg please follow the link in my signature and we will be happy to replace it!

[quote name='RAM GUY']Please try the module in another MB, and lets see if you get the same result: In addition, Our Value Select is Cass 2.5-3-3-8! If it still only shows as a 256 Meg please follow the link in my signature and we will be happy to replace it![/QUOTE] i don't have another mb to try it with. so what now.

[quote name='paulmation']i don't have another mb to try it with. so what now.[/QUOTE] I have the Soyo C8K Dragon Plus and the manual that came with it says that Doublesided Ram needs to go into slot 2. Try the module in another slot! Just my 2 cents! Rodger

• 11 months later...
[quote name='RAM GUY']Did that work for you paulmation?[/QUOTE] sorry about the looooooooooooong delay but the chip is finally freaking out on me, i just brought my computer to get it fixed and after spending 128$ canadian to find out that the chip was the culprit, what kind of warranty would i have for this problem.

[quote name='RAM GUY']Lets get your module or modules replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it![/QUOTE] would there be any coverage for the 128$ bill.

Archived