Corsair Community

RMA Request

J_McCabe

Hello I'm Not Sure If this is the correct forum, anyway here we go. I believe I have a faulty memory module. In the past few months I was experiencing random crashes during game play. At first I thought it was a virus or some other annoyance such as an out of date driver or something. The problems persisted in frequency and in intensity. At first programs would just crash to Windows but now I get actual hard crashes that restart the PC. After a fresh install and updating all of my drivers the problem persisted. Swapping the two memory modules I had found the cause of the problem. I have identified one of the two CMX256A-2700C2 modules as the source of the problem. I had purchased the sticks from [url]http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/Home.jsp[/url] about 1 year ago. After reviewing there return policy they only accept returns within 30 days after purchase. I hope that Corsair can resolve this hardware issue. Here is my system information: System Information report written at: 03/23/2004 10:47:08 AM [System Summary] Item Value OS Name Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Version 5.0.2195 Service Pack 4 Build 2195 OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name HOME-6WGDLVEZC6 System Manufacturer VIA Technologies, Inc. System Model AK35 System Type X86-based PC Processor x86 Family 6 Model 6 Stepping 2 AuthenticAMD ~1668 Mhz BIOS Version Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG Windows Directory C:\WINNT System Directory C:\WINNT\system32 Boot Device \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1 Locale United States User Name HOME-6WGDLVEZC6\User Time Zone Eastern Standard Time Total Physical Memory 261,616 KB Available Physical Memory 111,484 KB Total Virtual Memory 1,285,464 KB Available Virtual Memory 908,248 KB Page File Space 1,023,848 KB Page File C:\pagefile.sys Thank You Jim McCabe

• Corsair Employees
Lets get that memory module replaced. Please send us an email with a copy of the [URL=http://www.corsairmemory.com/main/rma_request.xls]FORM[/URL] or you can send all of your info(full name, shipping address, phone # with area code, the module part #, quantity to be replaced, and a copy of the link to this post). Email it to [email]rma@corsairmemory.com[/email]. If after 1 day or 24 hours excluding weekends you do not get the rma please email the same to [email]warranty@corsairmemory.com[/email] and we will help to resolve it. Thank You!

Archived