Corsair Community

Fujitsu P5020D laptop compatability

VitaminD

I have a Fujitsu P5020D laptop, and purchased a ValueSelect 512MB SODIMM (VS512SDS333) for it. With this module installed, I constantly get stop errors in Windows XP Pro. Am I dealing with an incompatability issue, or is there something wrong with the DIMM? Is there any way to test the DIMM via a bootable CD utility? Thanks!

My first big question is are you mixing the new Corsair stick with the original stick of RAM that came with the laptop? If so, just for testing purposes, I'd remove the original stick and test the Corsair stick solo. Test it with the test from [url]www.memtest86.com[/url] and/or the Microsoft memory tester program. You may also want to contact tech support from your vendor and see if you need to update your bios and/or make any bios changes to run the new RAM configuration. Good luck, Mike.

• Corsair Employees
Do you have memory in the notebook? If so, please try it with just our module installed if possible. In addition you can download an ISO image at [url]www.memtest86.org[/url] and burn it to CD to test the memory! If you do find it's failing, please follow the link in my signature and we will be happpy to replace it.

Only one slot in this 'book, and no built-in RAM, so I know it's not a mix-and-match issue. No BIOS updates or memory-specific BIOS settings either. Don't know if it's significant, but 64MB is shared for video RAM on this model. Anyway, I'll download the tool, and see what happens. Thanks, all.

Memtest-86 v3.1 locked up with some display corruption (grid of dots all over the screen) at 85% of test #7 (Moving inv. ones & zeroes, no cache). Is this perhaps attributable to dynamic shared video RAM, or is this part bad?

Follow up: I tried the test again, this time going into the configuration and selecting the "BIOS - All" option under Memory Sizing. I'm getting a lot of errors here, before the test locks again. Looks like a bad part. Thanks again for your help guys. Off to RMA...

• Corsair Employees
I think there may be a problem with the on line form, sorry! we are looking into the problem now. In the meen time: Please send us a email with a copy of the [URL=http://www.corsairmemory.com/main/rma_request.xls]form[/URL] or all of your info name address and phone# and the Module part# and copy the link to this post and email it to [email]Warranty@corsairmemory.com[/email]. If after 1 day or 24 hours excluding weekends you do not get the rma please email the same to [email]warranty@corsairmemory.com[/email] and we will help to resolve it.

Archived