Corsair Community

XMS3200 Dual Channel Memory Question...

Hi, I am building a new pc for myself and I am searching around for the memory I want to get. I have already bought the DFI Lanparty 865PE motherboard to go along with this machine, and I am going to be putting a P4 3.0 800mhz FSB processor in it. Regarding the RAM, I have narrowed it down to the Corsair XMS Pro Series TWINX1024-3200LLPRO and the TWINX1024-3200C2PRO memory. I was wondering what the differences were between these two packages of RAM and which one you prefer, because the price difference is about $30.00 off of pricewatch. Also, do you recommend this RAM for the setup I will have, and maybe you can suggest a good place to get this for a lower price than normal. Thanks a lot and I anxiously await a response.. Will

• Corsair Employees
The difference between the two is the Latencies. The LL is rated at 2-3-2-6 while the C2 is rated at 2-3-3-6. The Low Latency version is the fastest of the two. I can not suggest one place over another, I will have to leave that up to other members of the forum. If you have any other questoins please let me know. Thank!

[quote name='RAM GUY']The difference between the two is the Latencies. The LL is rated at 2-3-2-6 while the C2 is rated at 2-3-3-6. The Low Latency version is the fastest of the two. I can not suggest one place over another, I will have to leave that up to other members of the forum. If you have any other questoins please let me know. Thank![/QUOTE] Ok, cool. Thankyou, and does anyone know the percent difference between the two because the difference in price is about $30 off. Thanks a lot...

[quote name='RAM GUY']The difference in performance would be 4 to 5% in memory bandwidth. If you have any other questions please let me know. Thanks![/QUOTE] Thanks a lot for your help, I think I am just going to go with the C2PRO TWINX 1024 (2x512) PC3200 400 mhz DDR ram. Thanks a lot...

Archived