Corsair Community

Chaintech 7NJS Zenith Dual Channel Bios Settings

Basicguy

Hi, I just purchased CORSAIR TWINX1024-3200C2PT DDR 400 1GB (2 pcs 512) and installed in my mobo. I have a XP 2100 CPU currently installed but will have a XP 3200 400Mhz next week. My current BIOS settings are as follows: FSB Frequency: 133MHz CPU Ratio: Default CPU Interface: Aggressive Memory Frequency: Sync Resulting Frequency: 133 MHz Memory Timings: Turbo T(Ras): 5 T(Rcd):2 T(RP):2 CAS LAtency:2.0 Its running stable so far. I can ajust any one of those setting but i'm afraid I don't have a clue what most of it means (I know I like the sound of "Aggressive" and "Turbo"). I tried moving "Memory Frequency" to 150% so the "Resulting Frequency" was 200MHz but it became unstable. I would just leave it alone but my mobo's stats say the FSB can go up to 400MHz and the hightest "FSB Frequency" setting I can go is 200MHz. Should I change any of those settings? To what? More info on my mobo can be found here: [url]http://www.chaintechusa.com/tw/eng/product_spec.asp?MPSNo=13&PISNo=196[/url]

• Corsair Employees
This may be a chipset limitation. If the FSB of your CPU is 400 For Intel and 100 MHz for AMD, the memory speed supports only DDR 266. If the FSB of your CPU is 533 For Intel and 133/166 MHz for AMD, the memory speed supports DDR 266/333 If the FSB of your CPU is 800 MHz for Intel and 200 MHz for AMD, the memory speed supports DDR 333/400

Archived