Corsair Community

GIGABYTE GA-K8VNXP and Twinx XMS4000

karinio

• Corsair Employees
All I can tell is the Giga-Byte MB’s we have tested have not over clocked as well as some of the other makers, and these modules would be intended for Intel platform. The 3 Giga-byte MB's I have tested with I875 Chipset would not over clock past 204 MHz and be stable no matter what module I have used. And the Giga-Byte MB with this same chipset as what you have, has tested about the same as other makers when over clocking 210-220 MHz seems to be the top end of this chipset and CPU combo. The only Giga Byte MB that has gotten even close has been a E.S, evaluation sample that would do about 240 MHz [URL=http://www.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/Products/Products_GA-7N400%20Pro.htm]GA-7N400Pro Rev 1.1[/URL], as I remember. However, I purchased this model as well and did not get anything close to the same results. About the same as with other makers with the same chipset, 210-220 MHz!

[quote name='RAM GUY']All I can tell is the Giga-Byte MB’s we have tested have not over clocked as well as some of the other makers, and these modules would be intended for Intel platform. The 3 Giga-byte MB's I have tested with I875 Chipset would not over clock past 204 MHz and be stable no matter what module I have used. And the Giga-Byte MB with this same chipset as what you have, has tested about the same as other makers when over clocking 210-220 MHz seems to be the top end of this chipset and CPU combo. The only Giga Byte MB that has gotten even close has been a E.S, evaluation sample that would do about 240 MHz [URL=http://www.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/Products/Products_GA-7N400%20Pro.htm]GA-7N400Pro Rev 1.1[/URL], as I remember. However, I purchased this model as well and did not get anything close to the same results. About the same as with other makers with the same chipset, 210-220 MHz![/QUOTE] What I would like to ask you is if the memory will work with the GA-K8VNXP or the GA-K8NNXP motherboard stable even at 400MHz. I will use it with a AMD Athlon64 3200+.

Archived