Corsair Community

re-post

allenfi

will XMS twinx1024-3200LLPT work with intels d875pbz with a 3.2 processor (non extreme) or will i just need to buy different. I'll be taking a new system to POST and wonder if it will cause me problems doing that. I've sent my mobo and my processor back to newegg and replacement will be in today or monday. Ram guy, you say you have it running in sytems of yours but this is not the cheapest stuff and i don't have tons of money to play with. Please advise before i POST on my hopefully problem free system. Again, i know it's not the most reccommended for this mobo but will it help me thru my build till i can get a more compatible set. thanks a great deal new and a little frustrated Intel d875pbz pro lan 1000 Intel 3.2 gig processor with h/t 1gig 2@512 corsair xms low latency 3200 ram soundblaster audigy 2 zs platinum gainward fx powerpack ge force 5900 128mb ultra/1200 golden sample enermax thermal monitor mge uv blue acrylic case 5 coolermaster uv blue fans antec 550 watt truecontrol p/s lite-on 16x dvd rom (jumper set to master) lite-on 8x dvd-cd r/rw (jumper set to master) alps 1.44 mb floppy 36 gig @ 10000 rpm w/d serial ata h/d 120 gig @ 7200 rpm Maxtor sata h/d Sony sdm-hx73/b lcd flat-panel monitor

• Corsair Employees
Should be no problem, I would test the module one at a time with [url]www.memtest.org[/url] and lets make sure one is not failing. However if the system will not post I would try any other memory to make sure it's not some other problem. Or test the modules in another system if possible. In addition, please make sure there is no "R" or "RE" in the part#, as this chipset will not support registered memory!

[quote name='RAM GUY']Should be no problem, I would test the module one at a time with [url]www.memtest.org[/url] and lets make sure one is not failing. However if the system will not post I would try any other memory to make sure it's not some other problem. Or test the modules in another system if possible. In addition, please make sure there is no "R" or "RE" in the part#, as this chipset will not support registered memory![/QUOTE] Thanks Again RamGuy i suppose the only way to test is to put it in another system? This is the only other system and i don't know if "DDR" is compatible with it (AMD 1200 Mhz) on a 3yr old Compaq. Would you comment on these Statements from intel. [I][COLOR=Yellow]The Desktop Board D875PBZ has four DIMM sockets and supports the following memory features: • 2.6 V (only) 184-pin DDR SDRAM DIMMs with gold-plated contacts • Unbuffered, single-sided or double-sided DIMMs with the following restriction: Double-sided DIMMs with x16 organization are not supported • 4 GB maximum total system memory. • Minimum total system memory: 64 MB • ECC and non-ECC DIMMs supported • Serial Presence Detect • DDR400 and DDR333 SDRAM DIMMs [/COLOR] [/I] And also this one!! [I][COLOR=Lime]The following table lists the supported system bus frequency and memory speed combinations. To use this type of DIMM... The processor's system bus frequency must be... DDR400 800 MHz DDR333 800 or 533 MHz (Note) Note: When using an 800 MHz system bus frequency processor, DDR333 memory is clocked at 320 MHz. This minimizes system latencies to optimize system throughput. Notes: • When ECC Dimms are used, the Power-On Self Test (POST) will take longer to complete. • Remove the AGP video card before installing or upgrading memory to avoid interference with the memory retention mechanism. • To be fully compliant with all applicable DDR SDRAM memory specifications, the board should be populated with DIMMs that support the Serial Presence Detect (SPD) data structure. This allows the BIOS to read the SPD data and program the chipset to accurately configure memory settings for optimum performance. If non-SPD memory is installed, the BIOS will attempt to correctly configure the memory settings, but performance and reliability may be impacted or the DIMMs may not function under the determined frequency. [/COLOR] [/I]

[quote name='allenfi']Thanks Again RamGuy i suppose the only way to test is to put it in another system? This is the only other system and i don't know if "DDR" is compatible with it (AMD 1200 Mhz) on a 3yr old Compaq. Would you comment on these Statements from intel. [I][COLOR=Yellow]The Desktop Board D875PBZ has four DIMM sockets and supports the following memory features: • 2.6 V (only) 184-pin DDR SDRAM DIMMs with gold-plated contacts • Unbuffered, single-sided or double-sided DIMMs with the following restriction: Double-sided DIMMs with x16 organization are not supported • 4 GB maximum total system memory. • Minimum total system memory: 64 MB • ECC and non-ECC DIMMs supported • Serial Presence Detect • DDR400 and DDR333 SDRAM DIMMs [/COLOR] [/I] And also this one!! [I][COLOR=Lime]The following table lists the supported system bus frequency and memory speed combinations. To use this type of DIMM... The processor's system bus frequency must be... DDR400 800 MHz DDR333 800 or 533 MHz (Note) Note: When using an 800 MHz system bus frequency processor, DDR333 memory is clocked at 320 MHz. This minimizes system latencies to optimize system throughput. Notes: • When ECC Dimms are used, the Power-On Self Test (POST) will take longer to complete. • Remove the AGP video card before installing or upgrading memory to avoid interference with the memory retention mechanism. • To be fully compliant with all applicable DDR SDRAM memory specifications, the board should be populated with DIMMs that support the Serial Presence Detect (SPD) data structure. This allows the BIOS to read the SPD data and program the chipset to accurately configure memory settings for optimum performance. If non-SPD memory is installed, the BIOS will attempt to correctly configure the memory settings, but performance and reliability may be impacted or the DIMMs may not function under the determined frequency. [/COLOR] [/I][/QUOTE] By the way, there is not an "R" or "RE" attached to this memory [url]http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=80097-07&ps=ho1[/url]

[quote name='allenfi']By the way, there is not an "R" or "RE" attached to this memory [url]http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=80097-07&ps=ho1[/url][/QUOTE] one more. it should be LLPT sorry

• Corsair Employees
Please check the modules; let’s make sure what you have! It would be impossible that you got 2 bad modules from us, as all of our modules are tested in a MB at the rated speed. In addition Twinx sets are tested before they are paired as set and again in a dual channel MB. I would maybe see if a friend has another system that you can test these modules with! In regards to your other questions; all of our XMS modules are based on By 8 IC's, in addition, I am not aware of any module maker who is using By 16 IC's other than Micron for special OEM's. And lastly, If the FSB of your CPU is 400 For Intel and 100 MHz for AMD, the memory speed supports only DDR 266. If the FSB of your CPU is 533 For Intel and 133/166 MHz for AMD, the memory speed supports DDR 266/333 If the FSB of your CPU is 800 MHz for Intel and 200 MHz for AMD, the memory speed supports DDR 333/400

[quote name='RAM GUY']Please check the modules; let’s make sure what you have! It would be impossible that you got 2 bad modules from us, as all of our modules are tested in a MB at the rated speed. In addition Twinx sets are tested before they are paired as set and again in a dual channel MB. I would maybe see if a friend has another system that you can test these modules with! In regards to your other questions; all of our XMS modules are based on By 8 IC's, in addition, I am not aware of any module maker who is using By 16 IC's other than Micron for special OEM's. And lastly, If the FSB of your CPU is 400 For Intel and 100 MHz for AMD, the memory speed supports only DDR 266. If the FSB of your CPU is 533 For Intel and 133/166 MHz for AMD, the memory speed supports DDR 266/333 If the FSB of your CPU is 800 MHz for Intel and 200 MHz for AMD, the memory speed supports DDR 333/400[/QUOTE] RamGuy here is the correct link to what i have. I notice that FedEx has tried to deliver my new mobo (intel d875pbz) and cpu (intel 3.2gig with h/t)(non-extreme). i'm gonna give it a try tonight unless you question this link [COLOR=SandyBrown]http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=80097-15[/COLOR] Hope i haven't bugged ya too much!! thank you so much

[quote name='allenfi']Thanks Again RamGuy i suppose the only way to test is to put it in another system? This is the only other system and i don't know if "DDR" is compatible with it (AMD 1200 Mhz) on a 3yr old Compaq. Would you comment on these Statements from intel. [I][COLOR=Yellow]The Desktop Board D875PBZ has four DIMM sockets and supports the following memory features: • 2.6 V (only) 184-pin DDR SDRAM DIMMs with gold-plated contacts • Unbuffered, single-sided or double-sided DIMMs with the following restriction: Double-sided DIMMs with x16 organization are not supported • 4 GB maximum total system memory. • Minimum total system memory: 64 MB • ECC and non-ECC DIMMs supported • Serial Presence Detect • DDR400 and DDR333 SDRAM DIMMs [/COLOR] [/I] And also this one!! [I][COLOR=Lime]The following table lists the supported system bus frequency and memory speed combinations. To use this type of DIMM... The processor's system bus frequency must be... DDR400 800 MHz DDR333 800 or 533 MHz (Note) Note: When using an 800 MHz system bus frequency processor, DDR333 memory is clocked at 320 MHz. This minimizes system latencies to optimize system throughput. Notes: • When ECC Dimms are used, the Power-On Self Test (POST) will take longer to complete. • Remove the AGP video card before installing or upgrading memory to avoid interference with the memory retention mechanism. • To be fully compliant with all applicable DDR SDRAM memory specifications, the board should be populated with DIMMs that support the Serial Presence Detect (SPD) data structure. This allows the BIOS to read the SPD data and program the chipset to accurately configure memory settings for optimum performance. If non-SPD memory is installed, the BIOS will attempt to correctly configure the memory settings, but performance and reliability may be impacted or the DIMMs may not function under the determined frequency. [/COLOR] [/I][/QUOTE] I also have this motherboard, and I found a discrepancy in the Intel literature on the memory voltage supported by the motherboard. In the Quick reference that comes with the motherboard, it states that only 2.5 V memory is supported. On the Intel website, it states that only 2.6 V memory is supported. I called Intel and the tech support said that the 2.5 V is correct and they would change the website. I'm interested in seeing how your test goes.

[quote name='maverick37']I also have this motherboard, and I found a discrepancy in the Intel literature on the memory voltage supported by the motherboard. In the Quick reference that comes with the motherboard, it states that only 2.5 V memory is supported. On the Intel website, it states that only 2.6 V memory is supported. I called Intel and the tech support said that the 2.5 V is correct and they would change the website. I'm interested in seeing how your test goes.[/QUOTE] I can't find out whether what i have is 2.5v or 2.6v. by your comments it sounds like you think it's 2.6v. Anybody else have any idea? I'm taking the mobo out of the box right now.

[quote name='RAM GUY']2.5 volts for intel boxed MB's![/QUOTE] RG i mean my memory. Twinx1024 XMS3200LLPT ddr400 with heat spreaders are they 2.5v is it unbuffered is it non ecc is it serial presence detected memory is it STR (suspend to ram) S3 ACPI state I can't find this info in the website anywhere

• Corsair Employees
1. All DDR would have to have a SPD in order to run with any MB on the market. So yes they have an SPD and that how we set the timings. With out one we would not be able to pre-set the timings. 2. All of our DDR modules up to XMS3700 would be rated up to 2.8 Volts Max. 3. STR or suspend to ram is a function of the chipset and bios and O.S. that you are using. The memory would not care if you are in standby or with in the O.S. This is up to the MB or system maker, as to support for this feature, not the memory! You can get the rest of the information for the data sheets for your specific module from the main page under products. C2 = Cass 2-3-3-6 LL = Cass 2-3-2-6 PT = Platinum Heat Spreader Pro = Activity LED's R = Registered RE = Registered with ECC With nothing after the part# that would be a standard Black Heat spreader.

[quote name='RAM GUY']1. All DDR would have to have a SPD in order to run with any MB on the market. So yes they have an SPD and that how we set the timings. With out one we would not be able to pre-set the timings. 2. All of our DDR modules up to XMS3700 would be rated up to 2.8 Volts Max. 3. STR or suspend to ram is a function of the chipset and bios and O.S. that you are using. The memory would not care if you are in standby or with in the O.S. This is up to the MB or system maker, as to support for this feature, not the memory! You can get the rest of the information for the data sheets for your specific module from the main page under products. C2 = Cass 2-3-3-6 LL = Cass 2-3-2-6 PT = Platinum Heat Spreader Pro = Activity LED's R = Registered RE = Registered with ECC With nothing after the part# that would be a standard Black Heat spreader.[/QUOTE] HEy RG I got a screen. I'm excited! It say reboot and select proper boot drive i only using 1 module at this time.

Well RG can you believe it. My system is up and running and seems to be smooth as a whistle. I still have to figure how to do "burn in" but i wanted to thank you for putting up with all of the redundant question. I'll post some pics when i have time TY again

• Corsair Employees
If you do not have an O.S. on the system yet, you can let it run [url]www.memtest.org[/url] over night to burn it in! If you have windows installed, you can use most any benchmark that has a burn in utility, like Sy-Soft or 3-D Mark 2001SE!

Archived