Corsair Community

2700ll will not boot!

aaronmr2

I went and purchased the TwinX (2x512) 2700ll modules today and I can't get them to boot at all. I tried just using one module at a time and still no boot. I went and manually configured the timing to 2-3-2-5 1t and still not boot at all for either stick, all I get are beeps from the motherboard. I can get my old generic to boot and run in windows at the 2-3-2-5 timings though which surprised me. My old stick which is running now is also a 512 mb 2700. My system is a p-4 2.4g an ecs L4S8A2 motherboard with a 350 watt p.s ATI 9800 aiw pro Soundblaster Audigy 2zs Platinum :confused:

I installed the Corsair ram and cleared the CMOS and it will now post with either, or both modules installed. The first screen that I see tells me that CMOS has been changed and defaults loaded. At this point I have the option to hit f1 to continue, or hit del to enter setup. If I enter setup and exit I am back to a blank screen and beeps no matter what I do in the Bios. If I enter f1 and continue I will boot into Windows. When in Windows I used SIS Sandra to check the settings and the ram was at 2.5-3-3-6 T2 at 268Mhz by default (slower than my generic ram). Remember I can't change anything in bios and boot with the Corsair ram. Here is the worst part, if I restart or shutdown my computer I just get the blank screen and beeps again. I have to reset the CMOS with the jumper and load defaults each time with the Corsair. What do I do next?

• Corsair Employees
I would suggest testing the memory on another MB, ECS in the past has been a great over clocker; however there have been quite a few issues in general with this chipset. SIS648 has not over clocked as well as other chipsets and in fact I have never seen any MB with this chipset able to support low latency modules. I would try the latest bios and then use other memory if needed and set the timings manually to Cass 2-3-3-6 and see if the system is stable. However, testing them in another system may help to isolate the problem.

Well I went out and bought a new motherboard to put the ram in. I purchased an Abit A17 board and now the ram works as it should. I confirmed the timings and frequency in the bios and with SIS Sandra in Windows. Now it runs without any modifications at 2-3-2-5 T1 and at 533 mhz. I am also running on dual channel with the new motherboard. I didn't want to put in a new board, but it all runs fine so far. I get an occasional beep in 3d gaming off of the board, but no affect on the game. I will see how it keeps running.

Archived