Corsair Community

Temp. reading error?

yprexa

I have recently purchased the hydrocool 200. I put it on my MSI k7n2 delta ilsr motherboard w/ athalon xp 2500 (not overclocked). I got the temparture reading of about 80F at full load. Then I decided to change to a brand new board - ASUS A7N8X-E, keeping everything else the same, not clocked. Now I am getting a temp. reading of 54F at full load. I don't know what is the mixed up. The temp. reading in bios for the cpu is about 100F. Anyone know what can I do to get the right reading :confused: . Thank you in advance. yprexa

[quote name='yprexa']I have recently purchased the hydrocool 200. I put it on my MSI k7n2 delta ilsr motherboard w/ athalon xp 2500 (not overclocked). I got the temparture reading of about 80F at full load. Then I decided to change to a brand new board - ASUS A7N8X-E, keeping everything else the same, not clocked. Now I am getting a temp. reading of 54F at full load. I don't know what is the mixed up. The temp. reading in bios for the cpu is about 100F. Anyone know what can I do to get the right reading :confused: . Thank you in advance. yprexa[/QUOTE] yprexa, You didn't specify where the temp readings were being taken from, ie. The MOBO thermal probe or the one on the HC 200's cold-block. Also, when you had used the thermal compound included with the HC EX, did you use all of it, or did you put it on sparingly? The reason I ask, is that those who have placed it on sparingly, with such a thin spread, they are seeing higher temps from the HC unit vs using all of the Shin-Estu MicroSi thermal paste. Artic Silver 5 will spread nicer but take a little while longer for it to set-up. Remember, the cold-block is micro-channeled, so don't go too thin on the paste! Another clue would be the voltage regulator on either MOBO that could give you such a difference in temps. As for my opinion, stay with the ASUS. The issue could be the MOBO's and not the HC 200. :D: Stev

Archived