Corsair Community

Help!!! Cosmos S w/ Thermalright Ultra 120-Extreme

I'm in the process of building my rig and came across a major issue. Going into it I thought I would have a tight fit between the Cosmos S side panel VGA 200 mm fan and the Thermalright Ultra 120-Extreme tower. Everything look to line up yesterday prior to installing the motherboard. Well, I was wrong. I can close the side panel but it's definitely touching the tower and I feel putting stress on the motherboard. I fear it will flex the board and damage it. I have to force it to close the panel.

If anyone has had this build and issue I'd like assistance on what my options are. I was going to remove the side panel fan bracket which is what's causing the clearance issue but it a appears to be a permanent part of the side panel and removing it may only facilitate exchanging of the 200 mm fan which wouldn't resolve the issue as the bracket is the issue. I'm planning to call Cosmos support tomorrow to inquire on a side panel fan-less option or instructions to properly remove the fan. I'm not a gamer so I don't rely on high end video cards and will sacrifice the airflow there to maximize cooling of the CPU which I plan to OC. I will have adequate fan ventilation with the five 120 mm fans placed through out the enclosure.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Alex

Archived