Corsair Community

LOTS of errors - TWIN2X2048-6400C4G

Sullyz

Hello Corsair,

Well I've finally come to a point that I don't think I can do anymore on my own. I've read pretty much every thread possible trying to troubleshoot my system and I believe I have narrowed it down to the memory itself. Which of the 4 DIMMs the errors are happening is still a mystery.

First, My System Specs:

MOBO: EVGA nForce 780i SLI

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600

PS: Enermax Pro 625w

RAM: 4GB of CORSAIR (2GB x2) TWIN2X2048-6400C4G

HD: 2x WD Raptor 150GB

Second, What I've done to Troubleshoot.

1) Read throughout this forum for the correct timing, and according to the information in HERE the correct timing is 4-4-4-12 w/ 2.1v . I've made this adjustment to the RAM via the BIOS, and system posted fine with no error.

2) I;ve verified ALL voltages are on par with EVGA standard for the other components in my system.

3) Checked Temperatures of the system and components, all within tolerance.

Third, The problems I'm experiencing.

Random, no noticeable pattern, Blue Screens and/or Hard Resets.. Last Blue Screen I received has a "Error 0x8007042c" as the error code. No able to make any sense out of that. System will not stay stable for longer then 30-45 minutes.

Four, Tested Memory w/Memtest86.

Well the amount of errors I received were overwhelming, such that I can't type them all out. So I took a picture of the screen instead. At the moment the test was on its 1st pass, and it was at 49664 Errors. The errors are still piling up..

Picture:

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/4567/shadw009so0.jpg

As I said, I have two sets of two DIMMs. Of the TWIN2X2048-6400C4G for a total of 4GB. I have no idea which of the set is faulty. ANY help would be appreciated, or information on getting an RMA.

Many Thanks

Matt

Thanks for the schooling Wired. I will check out the settings.. By default the mobo sets the timing to the above 5-5-5-18.. but me being a newb didnt do the math. Either way, I've run Memtest again and this time no errors..

Archived