Corsair Community

Asus Striker Extreme and TWIN2X4096-6400C4DHX

Xivo

Hello everyone,

I finally build up the new PC but it hangs when the LCD poster display MEMTEST. I checked the corsair website wich memory modules are compatible with the Asus Striker Extreme. I already reset the CMOS, used stand alone memory module. Anyone know how to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.

• Corsair Employees
Yep i tried, it doesnt work :(.

What?

I'm guessing that you mean both modules are doing the same thing when you test them individually. If you reset the BIOS and both modules will not post, then try them in different slots on the board, and if nothing changes you may want to test on a different system altogether.

If you would like, we can replace the modules for you, but it would be unlikely that both modules would fail at the same time, and there may be some other issue. If you would like to get them replaced, please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace it. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

So both modules are bringing about the same problem. It's very doubtful that both modules tested singly would do this. Very likely you will find yourself with the same problems if you RMA the DRAM. Your choice though as Corsair will do an RMA for you. I would say that you will end up wasting time and money and have the same issue though.

I would test these modules with Memtest on another system.

Archived