Corsair Community

Dell Optiplex 320 + CM2X1024-6400C4 = no post.

PlackSlayer

If I'm using 2 sticks it doesn't post.

If I use 1 stick it works for a while but windows after booting will eventually BSOD.

If I use 1 stick of the old Samsung 512MB PC2-4200U-444-12-D3 and 1 of the new I get only 1gb and running at 533MHz which I expected - and it runs solid.

Is there something I need to do to get it working because I can run Memtest on each stick individually and get lots of errors including both sticks freeze up memtest at test 5 - the Block Moving.

I ran memtest with one of each stick of ram, old and new, and it completed without issue.

I'm confused and would like some assistance.

Thanks,

--PS

I agree, that sounds pretty strange indeed. However, I have found that in the computer electronics industry there are often many incongruousnesses that just need to be accepted and worked with. The OEM machines are often strange beasties and I have seen them do the weirdest things. I usually just say "Go Figure". :p: You might want to see if you can run the other two pieces the same way.

Well what confounds me is that when I'm using 1 stick of both the slower and the faster ram, the comp works just fine without error, just at the slower speed.

That is why I'm confused as to why it wont work solo.

--PS

Archived