Corsair Community

Asus P5W DH Deluxe - Compatibility Issues?

Casper42

Se here is the deal, I am troubleshooting a machine for a friend at work and hes running an Asus P5W DH Deluxe with a C2D E6750 and 2 x 1GB Kingston memory modules.

The machine has all kinds of weird issues and wont boot to the Vista DVD he has and I tried burning my own Vista DVD from MSDN and that fails too.

I have some Corsair Memory in a little beater box of mine and I tried installing it into his machine to see if possibly his memory is bad or not. When I install my memory into his machine though, it wont boot and I get no POST at all. I put his chips back in and it boots right up (though it detects as 667 which is apparently a common problem for this board).

So I took my beater box which runs an ECS P4M900T-M (Stop laughing, I told you it was a beater) with an E4500? CPU and I put his memory into my machine and it Posts just fine and I run the Memory Diag that comes on the Vista DVD and around 28% in it says it detected an error. I shut it all down and put my Corsair memory back in and ran the same Vista Memcheck and it ran all 100% without a single error reported.

So I really have 2 questions:

1) Is there some special requirement of this board (or the 975X chipset) that is NOT allowing my Corsair to work?

2) Based on some previous reading in here, is there a chance that increasing the Mem Voltage to 2.1 on either his machine or mine would cause these errors to go away when using his Kingston memory? Or should I tell him to just open an RMA with Kingston?

My Corsair = CM2X1024-6400 (says 5-5-5-12 also on label) x 2

His Kingston = KVR800D2E5K2 x 2

Thanks a bunch!,

Casper42

• Corsair Employee
The competitor names have been blocked because some where coming here to get help with them since some other manufacturers did not used to have forum support. And I cannot common on the other memory and since our modules are not showing errors I am not sure what your question is. But with our modules I would load setup defaults and set the memory Voltage to 2.0 Volts and test them one at a time with http://www.memtest.org to be sure..

So I really have 2 questions:

1) Is there some special requirement of this board (or the 975X chipset) that is NOT allowing my Corsair to work?

My Corsair = CM2X1024-6400 (says 5-5-5-12 also on label) x 2

That question is the one I was really hoping you would answer.

I vaguely remember some Intel boards back in the day had very special memory requirements or something. Or maybe it was some RAM would only work on certain Intel boards.

Anyway, why wont my Corsair XMS work in his P5W?

Archived