Corsair Community

Amperage draw of TWINX1024RE-3500LLPT Memory

Hey, I'm building a new badass system and I'm trying to compile the amperage draw of all my components so I can get a good idea of what power supply to get. I don't need the wattage rating, cause as alot of you might know, not all 400W power supplies can support the same amount of current draw (i.e. one might have a 30A rating on the +12V line while another might only support 18A). If anyone by chance has this info, or atleast a good figure to use then that would be cool. Thanks

I have absolutely no idea on the actual current draw of the RAM but, here's what I would do. The rule of thumb is never skimp on PSU and RAM. You have chosen good RAM so buy the absolute best PSU you can afford with the best looking voltage rails. If money is no object, go for a PC Power and Cooling. Otherwise, I have personally used the Aerocool and Thermaltake units and they seem great. I especially like the 480w Thermaltake units with the PFC. And, do a Google search for Goosehumps "Goopsulator". He has a good little program assembled to compile power requirements. Or, there is a link to his site from [URL=http://www.asusforums.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44]THIS THREAD AT [url]www.asusforums.org[/url]. [/URL] Good luck, Mike.

Hey, thanks for the responses guys. I'm going to try that Goopsulator program and I'm also going to keep in mind that the memory uses around 3A per 128MB. I was thinking about getting an Enermax PSU, because I've always used them and they can crank out major current. I would love to get the Thermaltake, but I've noticed the +12V line kind if skimps on the current. Lets see what I can come up with. Thanks again. :D:

Archived