Corsair Community

Asus A7N8X-E recommendations.. :-(

TBlack

Hi, all. I noticed on the Asus site ([URL=http://www.asus.com/products/mb/socketa/a7n8x-e-d/overview.htm]A7N8X page[/URL]) that for their A7N8X-E they recommend using only two types of Corsair memory: [FONT=Courier New]CMX512-3200C 2.5 512M DS 2XMS3202 v1.1 2.5 512M DS[/FONT] Now, my question is: would a TwinX 1024-3200LL pair fit? The spec for these modules say they are two CMX512-3200[COLOR=Red]LL[/COLOR] (notice the "LL" instead of the "C"). I'm asking because I've already had problems with one of my modules and I'm having them replaced, but I wanted to be sure I can actually use them... :sigh!:

Sigh. Still no answers, and I have to call back at the store and tell them if I want a new pair of Twinx modules or some other Ram. Just to make it clear: I know that "LL" stands for "Cass 2-3-2-6", and "C2" for "Cass 2-3-3-6". Though, on Asus's site there's just a "C" near 3200. Anyway, since my first pair failed Memtest86 repeatedly (just one module) on different (Asus) motherboards, before ordering another (LL) I'd really like to know whether they're compatible or not - Asus's site, as you understand, doesn't help me in this. Thanks, guys.

• Corsair Employees
Should be no problem with Twinx1024-3200LL and ASUS A7N8X series as all of the modules are tested on A7N8X-E on our production line. If yo had or have problems, I would post your system spec's and we will try to help you. What is the CPU Speed and it's FSB and the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory?

Thanks for the answers.. :p: I tried those modules on an A7N8X-E and an A7N8X-X. In both cases, Memtest started showing errors with one module as soon as started. I sent them back to the shop, they tried with a non-Asus card, no errors. I asked them to try them on an Asus, they saw the errors, and are now willing to replace the Ram - but they asked if I wanted the same model. According to your answers, I'm telling them to send me another pair of Twinx1024-3200LL. My own MB is an A7N8X-E, with an Athlon 2800+. I can't remember the BIOS settings I've tried the RAM with, but I'm sure I set the timings to "Optimal", and I didn't even have time to try and overclock anything. Anyway, I hope all's ending well.. as soon as I get the new modules, I'll let you know. Thanks again.

I must tell you that out of 7 build's, I had 2 sets with errors. RMA'd and had no probs with new stuff. Alweays buy from a dealer with easy RMA practices. Newegg is great with this type of situation

• Corsair Employees
It should be no problem; however with that CPU you would need to run the memory at DDR333 or at 100%. This is a chipset limitation. If the FSB of your CPU is 400 For Intel and 100 MHz for AMD, the memory speed supports only DDR 266. If the FSB of your CPU is 533 For Intel and 133/166 MHz for AMD, the memory speed supports DDR 266/333 If the FSB of your CPU is 800 MHz for Intel and 200 MHz for AMD, the memory speed supports DDR 333/400 If you try to run the memory at DDR400 and the CPU at 333 MHz it will cause a bottleneck in the chipset and make generate errors that are not the fault of the memory!

Archived