Corsair Community

Corsair TX750 flakey?

Sunrazor

Hi. Having some weird issues that I suspect maybe PSU related. Now and then my vga card just displays a black screen. I had noise coming from the HDD sometimes indicating failiure in power or a defective HDD (needle banging or parking). The very same HDD is now tested in my friends computer without any sound issues. My MB in exchanged (had a gigabyte one) and so is the memory.

Is it possible that the PSU is not stable? Some correction circuit not functioning right? I have had no reboots but some freezing in games also. Or is this not possible on a PSU? Can't really see how anything else can be broken since they all have been replaced except the PSU. Don't know enough about switched PSU:s to say if it is working right or not.

• Corsair Employees
Have you tested a different video card with the system? Are you only having the issues during 3D applications? If possible, I would recommend testing the PSU in a different sytsem, or try swapping video cards to see if you have the same problem.

My videocard has just been exchanged for a new one (the other was broken). I assume I could have gotten a bad one again but what are the odds eh? :biggrin:

I don't have the option of trying the PSU in another system I am afraid so that is not possible. Just wondering if it is a possible scenario that a PSU is actually causing these symptoms (clicking HDD, black screens in 3D/lockups)? Or if this is so unusual or simply not possible that it has to be something else?

• Corsair Employees
Just to make sure there are not any driver/software conflicts causing these issues I would suggest that you test the system in safe mode (f8 during boot up). Without testing the PSU with a multimeter or testing it in a different system, its hard to know for sure if it is operating correctly, but we can have it replaced for you if you choose to do so.

Archived