Corsair Community

My Stick is dying!

lebrocoli

Hi,

I have been using my 8 Gig GT Stick with Windows XP for some time now without much problem.

Now these days, I have a lot of difficulty to use it as it gives me either 'Error Daylayed write failed' or 'USB Drive Not recognized' each time I plug it in. I tried 3 different computers with the same results.

What is the next step?

Thanks.

• Corsair Employees

Please try to format the drive from a command prompt with this syntax:

Format (X:) /FS:FAT32 /U (X=the drive letter assigned to the Flash Voyager)

If you still have problems we can get it or them replaced, please use the RMA request found in TSXpress or follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

• Corsair Employees
It should not take more than 24-48 business hours to get a reply excluding weekends and Holidays. If not please call them at 888-222-4346 Ext "0" or 510-657-8747 Ext "0". However I would suggest checking your spam filter or Junk folder in your email client to be sure.

What is the case number and I will check it for you?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employees

I am sorry but I do not have access to that info you would need to contact our customer service!

Our hours are from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time Monday threw Friday, please try to call them again at 888-222-4346 or 510-657-8747 Ext "3" and do not hit any other extension or send an email to rma@corsairmemory.com along with your RMA# and ask them to check the status for you.

Archived