Corsair Community

32 GB slow too

Michael Davison

My nice new 32 gb flash drive is slow, as in other posts. But I know one of the reasons why -- looking at what is going on, it looks like Webroot Spysweeper (which is a big hog of resources) is very acrive as I am filling my drive. And I don't have the ability to turn it off (corporate decision), so the way I look at it, I'm just going to have to spend time on the initial fill (xcopy), but the daily updates will be faster. Sigh. But I'm so happy to have a decent-sized drive to travel with, and to backup my laptop.

• 1 month later...

I too am getting very slow write in my 32 gb Voyager on my XP system (usb 2) -- today I reformatted the drive (that was fast!) and then started writing about 16 gb of data (small files) using Xcopy. That was 5 hours ago, and it is still gently running, 1 small file every 1 s or so.

Can't be right. How do I RMA in New Zealand?

This seemed like it was going to be an effective replacement for my WD passport, but that is waaay faster.

michael

Read 22594

Write 7225

RRead 21626

RWrite 2039

Processor 2128 MHZ

OS 5.1 Build 2600 SP 2

I aborted the copying after 16 hours, 18 gb copied, and going very slowly (about 1 x 150 kb file per second). I formatted, and then obtained the data above using the software you mentioned. Now I am refilling it, and will get more data when it is half full.

Looks to me like the writes are right down.

michael

• 2 weeks later...

Archived