Corsair Community

AsusP4P800Deluxe/CompatableMemory/Question

Moongoat

:confused: :roll: Hello, I recently purchased an ASUSP4P800/Deluxe Motherboard. It's got the Intel 865PE chipset/800MHz FSB/Pent4 3.20GHz processor. Also purchased Corsair 1GB TWINX (2x512) 400MHz CMX512-3200C2PT I need to know if this memory will work in this Motherboard?I do not plan on overclocking or anything.If this memory functions properly I may purchase another 2x512,so that I have 2GB total.This computer is used for a Recording Studio. Thankyou for any help sincerely, Peter Sears

[quote name='Moongoat']:roll: Hello, I recently purchased an ASUSP4P800/Deluxe Motherboard. It's got the Intel 865PE chipset/800MHz FSB/Pent4 3.20GHz processor. Also purchased Corsair 1GB TWINX (2x512) 400MHz CMX512-3200C2PT I need to know if this memory will work in this Motherboard?I do not plan on overclocking or anything.If this memory functions properly I may purchase another 2x512,so that I have 2GB total.This computer is used for a Recording Studio. Thankyou for any help sincerely, Peter Sears[/QUOTE] Hello! Mike, Just wanted to say, thanks for the reply.it's really very much appreciated! Gonna wait for a few more replies to my post before I open the packaging.just in case someone tells me I would be better off with a different corsair Twinx pair.Still have a few more days to exchange if neccessary cause the sticks aren't cheap! ;):

• Corsair Employees
Peter, For the exact timings, please follow the link in my signature, and look up your modules part#, about the middle of the post! It's not that there would be a problem, however if you do not have enough power you may get random errors or poor performance as the least! I would suggest the best power supply you can afford, as the PSU is like your hart in your body, if the power is not stable, you may have all kinds of anomalies. In addition, I would take a look at DDR Basic’s as the presentation should help answer some of these questions. However to make a long story short; there is more loading with more modules on the chipset. So running with 2 1.0 Gig modules would let the chipset be more efficient than it would with 2 modules.

Archived