Corsair Community

Gidabyte X48-DQ6 and Twin2X2048-8500C5D Ver 4.2

rascalboy

Hi,

I just brought Gidabyte X48-DQ6 and Twin2X2048-8500C5D Ver 4.2, however I have problem running 2 stick of ram together.

Therefore, I start to test each ram and ram slot, and I found out that one of the ram doesn;t post with all of the 4 ram slot. While the other ram stick is totally fine with all of the 4 ram slot.

Previously, I install the two ram into P5N32E-SLI and it work prefectly fine.

So would it be a compatibility issue or the ram issue?

Thank for reading and reply.

• Corsair Employees
Please make sure that you have the latest Bios version and then load setup/optimized defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.1 volts (+.3 Volts with Giga Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and then test the module/'s one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have a pair of Dominator Twin2X2048-8500C5D Ver 4.2 which is giving me alot of trouble when i use them on Gigabyte X48-DQ6.

- the screen will freeze during post

- screen will freeze while in windows

- auto restart the com

Can someone tell mi what is the main issue here? timing or compatibility issue?

Thank you.

hi,

1st and for all, thank for the reply and help. For my 1st post, i went to exchange for a new pair of ram as one of it was tested faulty.

For my 2nd post, I tested both new ram one at a time at test 5 and 25 passes.

So wat could be the main problem for this issue???

• Corsair Employees
I would suggest testing them on another system if you can if not then let's get them replaced but if you have had them replaced once before you will need to call and talk to our Tech support 800-205-7657.

It is possible if u can give me the setting for Twin2X2048-8500C5D on x48 board.

Thank u

I would suggest testing them on another system if you can if not then let's get them replaced but if you have had them replaced once before you will need to call and talk to our Tech support 800-205-7657.

Archived