Corsair Community

Which is better ,Corsair HX520,Antec Neo HE 500/550?

DarkTemplar

In noise and material,which is better?

I hear about they are all foundry by Seasonic, HX 520's power is between Antec Neo 500 and 550,and cheaper then both of them.

The two Antec PSU are use 8cm fan and HX520 use 12cm.Is 12cm more silent?

And I also want to know which one of them is better for case wind Road?

My case is Antec P180.

Thanks!

If you're planning on running a quiet-ish system, take the HX520. The 80mm fan in the Antec will be clearly louder than the 120mm Corsair.

Somewhat OT, I spoke with a local retailer who sells Antec power supplies (but not Corsair). He indicated that they've seen a lot of problems with the Antec units compared with their other stock. YMMV.

While Seasonic builds certain Corsair (VX450, HX520, HX620, TX650) and Antec (NeoHE and Earthwatts) they do so according to the vendor's specifications. You'll find better capacitors and overall build quality in Corsair psu's, and all of them feature a 5 yr. warranty.

Both aforementioned Antec psu's are quiet until you venture above a 200W load.

Courtesy of SPCR

http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/7298/spcrnoisechart1rr6.jpg

Somewhat OT, I spoke with a local retailer who sells Antec power supplies (but not Corsair). He indicated that they've seen a lot of problems with the Antec units compared with their other stock. YMMV.

He's probably referring to the Antec TruePower & SmartPower line with Fuyjyyu capacitors that start venting and cause the psu to die a slow death. Read more...

You do realize that posting a question like this, on the Manufacturer's forum, will get you biased replies? You may want to post on a non-HW specific forum, like [H]ardOCP.

FWIW I'd expect similar responses on popular tech forums. :evildevil

My rig utilizes an HX520, and my other rig has an EarthWatts 430, therefore I'm not biased. ;):

About the Antec, they have really silent 80mm fans. Myself i have an Antec NeoHe430 here lying around and it has the quietest 80mm fan i ever heard.

But hey lol, ask the same question on the Antec forum and they'll say you should buy the Antec no matter what ;)

• 3 months later...
A little late, but nonetheless : Antec PSUs are fine as new - but i just got an Earthwatts 430 (New !) - and darn - they still use crappy caps - in my case Ost. So after a couple of years, your Antec will burst into flames, taking your motherboard and peripherals for a nasty ride, while your Corsair with eg. Nippon Chemicon (United Chemicon) caps just will keep on ticking for years to come - so : If you have a soldering iron, and access to high quality caps, and 40$ to spare, you might just transform your Antec into a decent power supply - if not, choose Corsair, SeaSonic etc. - and let your soldering iron stay in the cupboard !

Archived