Corsair Community

Ram problems

markvtir

After having 2gb of Dominator pc2 8500 over clocked in my system for the past 12 months working flawlessly.:): I decided to go with a 64 bit vista OS and the 2 gb dominator worked great as usual. :): But I needed more ram. So I bit the bullet and bought 4gb. 2x2gb ddr2 8500c5d. :(:This is where all the problems started. They wouldn't boot up on the same setting as my 2gb. So I set relaxed the settings, it booted up but kept on crashing. So I put the settings back to stock, again it booted up, but i kept on getting the dreaded blue screen. I got my trusted Memtest 86 out and did the test with over 10 errors after 30 min of testing. I don't think the ram is any good, Please Help :[pouts:

• Corsair Employees

With four modules there may be some extra configuration needed, and you will not be able to overclock nearly as much with four modules as you can with 2. But first, follow the instructions below and test the new memory to make sure you do not have a failing module.

Please make sure that you have the latest BIOS for your motherboard and then load optimized defaults and set the Memory Voltage to 2.1 volts and then set the timings to 5-5-5-15 (CAS-tRCD-tRP-tRAS) and then test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! Please allow memtest to run 2-3 passes on each module. If you still get errors, we will be happy to replace them! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

Archived