Corsair Community

Gigabyte x38-DQ6 and Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400C4DHX

Brota_j

Hi

I am currently running a Gigabyte x38-DQ6 and 4gb of Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400C4DHX.

I have read and seen on this forum and else where that alot of people are having problems with the Mb only being able to detect 2 of the 4gb installed.

I am trying to get a set up spec such as the one from here

http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52351

which gave the Testing parameters for Twinx/XMS2-6400C4 on a Asus P5WD2 or M2N32-SLI Premium/Deluxe. I would appreciate it if anyone could give me the settings for my Mb. So that i can set it up manually on my MB bios.

any help would be greatly appreciated!!

• Corsair Employees
With modules I would set the memory frequency at DDR667 and set the memory Voltage to 2.1 Volts and set the NB/MCH/SPP Voltage to 1.45 Volts and Command Rate to 2t if it is listed and you should be set.

With modules I would set the memory frequency at DDR667 and set the memory Voltage to 2.1 Volts and set the NB/MCH/SPP Voltage to 1.45 Volts and Command Rate to 2t if it is listed and you should be set.

Forgive the dumb question Ram Guy, but wouldnt that defeat the purpose of buying 800mhz RAM? would it have been more beneficial if i bought 666mhz ram rather then 800mhz ram?

this is what my (M.I.T) bios currently says

CPu Host Frequency : 333mHz

System memory multiplier (SPD): AUTO

Memory Frequency: 800MHz

DRAM Timing Selectable: Manual

*****Standard timing Control*****

SDRAM CAS Latency: 5

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 5

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 5

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 18

*****Advance Timing Control*****

ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD): 3

Rank Write to read Delay: 3

Write to Precharge Delay:6

Refresh to ACT Delay: 42

Read to Precharge Delay:3

tRD:6

tRD Phase Adjustment: 0

Command to #CS timing:1

**** System Voltage Contol*****

System Voltage Control: Manual

DDR2 OverVoltage Control: Normal

PCI-E OverVoltage Control: Normal

FSB OverVoltage Control: Normal

MCH OverVoltage Control: Normal

MCH reference Voltage Control: Normal

DDR reference Voltage Control: Normal

DDR termination Voltage Control: Normal

CPU Voltage Control: Normal

Normal Cpu Vcore:1.22500V

Forgive the dumb question Ram Guy, but wouldnt that defeat the purpose of buying 800mhz RAM? would it have been more beneficial if i bought 666mhz ram rather then 800mhz ram?

Had you bought 4 X 1024 of 667Mhz DRAM, then you would have needed to drop the bandwidth from 667Mhz to 533Mhz. The issue is not the DRAM. The issue is that the on motherboard memory controller can not run with four DRAM slots populated as fast as it can with two slots populated and the DRAM needs to be slowed down to meet the now lowered ability of the on motherboard DRAM controller. This issue is on both Nvidia and Intel chipsets and on AMD processors with their on CPU memory controller and Intel processors with their legacy on motherboard memory controller.

Please research this link:

http://www.houseofhelp.com/v3/showthread.php?t=64360&highlight=Unpredictable+results+QUAD2X4096+Gigabyte+X38-DS5

Had you bought 4 X 1024 of 667Mhz DRAM, then you would have needed to drop the bandwidth from 667Mhz to 533Mhz. The issue is not the DRAM. The issue is that the on motherboard memory controller can not run with four DRAM slots populated as fast as it can with two slots populated and the DRAM needs to be slowed down to meet the now lowered ability of the on motherboard DRAM controller. This issue is on both Nvidia and Intel chipsets and on AMD processors with their on CPU memory controller and Intel processors with their legacy on motherboard memory controller.

Please research this link:

http://www.houseofhelp.com/v3/showthread.php?t=64360&highlight=Unpredictable+results+QUAD2X4096+Gigabyte+X38-DS5

So then it would have been beneficial for me to get 2 x 2048 of 800mhz then.

sigh... oh well live and learn. thanks for the advise.

Archived