Corsair Community

CMX512-3200C2pt

storm440

I have two sticks of CMX512-3200C2pt memory in a gigayte GA-7n400 pro2 motherboard. I just upgraded the processor from an amd 2600 with a fsb of 166 to a amd 3000 with a fsb of 200. While the board runs the cpu at the correct speed, it sets the ram to run at 333 instead of 400. Any atempt to change the bio's settings to 400 for the ram results in the computer not booting untill the bios is reset to run the ram at spd of 333. I have tried using only one ram stick but this makes no difference. I borrowed two 512 sticks of 400 mhz gelt ram from a friend and the system works as it should with the ram being seen as 400mhz ram. Why will the 400 mhz ram i purchased from you not run at the speed you rate it for? There is not overclocking of any sort in this system and i am running the latest bios version. is it possible that the ram is defective?

• Corsair Employees
Please manually set the timings for those modules before changing the memory frequency. The rated timings are: SDRAM CAS Latency: 2T SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6T DIMM Voltage: 2.7X Let me know if you continue to have problems. Thanks!

Archived